Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TV Out (HDMI or composite) iOS 4.3.3 iPhone 4 problems

Hello, thanks for helping me out.

I have an iPhone 4 (GSM) on iOS 4.3.3, and I read that during the 4.3.X updates that they "fixed" the TV out. I don't know if there really was a problem...

So I tried playing Rage HD on it with the TV Out Composite cable (both apple official) but it didn't work, and when I exited the app it would flash the game screen for a brief moment, otherwise there was only a black screen with sound going through without Video.
Only the default apps seem to work with TV / Digital AV out properly.

My friend has an iPhone 4 CDMA on 4.2.8, and when he installed Rage HD, it worked perfectly for him.

Why don't other TV Out apps work with iOS 4.3.3. I have restored the firmware twice, but no go.
iPod, Photos, and YouTube work well, but none of the other apps with TV out, so is there a way to fix this? Please help.
Thanks so much.

iPhone 4, iOS 4, iPhone 4 GSM iOS 4.3.3 Digital AV

Posted on Jun 25, 2011 10:18 AM

2 replies

TV Out (HDMI or composite) iOS 4.3.3 iPhone 4 problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.