Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't Pages remember the last printer used?

I am a LOYAL Mac user and I love Pages. But...

Seriously, is there no way for this program to remember which printer it last used? I'm trying to print hundreds of documents and every time I choose the print dialogue I have to change the printer. I have adjusted the default printer in the print settings, I've changed the system preferences, and yet Pages still wants to print to my home printer even though I'm at the office, have printed dozens of documents to it in the last few hours.

From what I can tell from research on this forum, and on the web generally, this has been a serious problem with Pages since this version ('09) was released.

Please, Apple, please fix this. It is wasting a ridiculous amount of my time and hurting my productivity. (ironic, given that this is an application designed to enhance one's productivity...)

Posted on Jun 25, 2011 12:32 PM

3 replies

Jun 25, 2011 12:46 PM in response to LauraF

Question asked and answered many times.

It's a bug striking for years and already reported.

Here you aren't speaking to Apple representatives but to end users like you.

If you want to say something to Apple, use the dedicated channel:

Go to "Provide Pages Feedback" in the "Pages" menu, describe what you wish.

Then, cross your fingers, and wait at least for iWork'11 ;-)

Yvan KOENIG (VALLAURIS, France) samedi 25 juin 2011 21:45:12

iMac 21”5, i7, 2.8 GHz, 4 Gbytes, 1 Tbytes, mac OS X 10.6.7

Please : Search for questions similar to your own

before submitting them to the community

To be the AW6 successor, iWork MUST integrate a TRUE DB, not a list organizer !

Nov 7, 2012 4:57 AM in response to LauraF

Similar problem. What I did was go into my user Library -> Preferences and found all the com.apple.iWork.Pages preferences. I quit Pages. Then I made a new folder on the desktop and moved all these preference files there just in case I messed up. Restarted Pages and it recognised my System default printer. All my settings were gone, but it only took a minute or two to redo everything.

All works (iWorks) well now.

Why won't Pages remember the last printer used?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.