Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I delete apps from the new "purchased" history?

I want to delete certain apps from my purchase history in iTunes. Does anyone know how to do this?

iPad, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Jun 25, 2011 2:33 PM

5 replies

Sep 6, 2013 9:37 AM in response to james taylor 8185

@ james taylor 8185:

Find and select the app(s) you want to permanently delete in your iTunes apps folder on your computer

(e.g. \Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Mobile Applications).

Press the delete button on your keyboard.

Et voilà...

You're welcome 😉.

(PS: Should you have deleted any one by mistake, they are still available in your recycle bin [select it, right mouse click, restore]... until such time you empty it).

(PPS: If the apps are NOT on your computer but in the purchase history of iTunes, you first have to download them -again- and then follow the above instructions).

Nov 22, 2013 11:53 PM in response to james taylor 8185

I found these directions (to permanently hide past purchases/downloads in the app store/itunes history:

1. Upgrade your version of iTunes to the newest version. (idk if this really matters...)

2. Click on iTunes Store in the lefthand column of iTunes and log in to your account.

3. Find "Purchased" in the Quick Links menu on the right hand side of the Store home page. Click on it.

4. You should see a list of your downloaded apps on the screen. Mouse over any app that you wish to delete. A small "x" in a round circle will appear in the top left corner of the app icon. Click the "x".

5. A notification will pop up telling you that your purchased app will now be hidden and how you can un-hide it in the future. Click OK. The app will disappear from your purchase history in iTunes and all associated iOS devices instantly. Verify this on your iOS device by navigating to your purchase history in the App Store.

I just tried this, and it worked. I was able to hide a few past downloads that are no longer used or wanted.

Now that Apple got a huge court settlement, they should use that money to create a way for us to permanently delete past purchases/downloads.

How can I delete apps from the new "purchased" history?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.