Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to turn off or sleep the screen on an iPad 2 while displaying video on a TV using the Apple Digital AV Adapter and an HDMI cable? Whenever I try to turn off the screen, my video out shuts off on the external monitor.

Is it possible to turn off or sleep the screen on an iPad 2 while displaying video on a TV using the Apple Digital AV Adapter and an HDMI cable? Whenever I try to turn off the screen, my video out shuts off on the external monitor. I would like to turn off the iPad 2 screen while displaying video, because keeping the screen on drains the battery, and also is distracting to have a second screen on while I am watching a video on my TV.

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.2, Apple Digital AV Adapter

Posted on Jun 25, 2011 2:38 PM

There are no replies.

Is it possible to turn off or sleep the screen on an iPad 2 while displaying video on a TV using the Apple Digital AV Adapter and an HDMI cable? Whenever I try to turn off the screen, my video out shuts off on the external monitor.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.