Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my iTunes screen white on black?

With the latest iTunes upgrade, the iTunes screen is viesing as white on black in most - but not all screens.

I've tried accessibility conrols but they weren't the problem. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app and the smae thing is happening. Here's a screen shot so you can see what I mean.

Any suggestions beofre I make a Genius Bar appointment?

Thanks!User uploaded file

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 25, 2011 7:38 PM

14 replies

Jun 26, 2011 11:18 AM in response to Nanner53

I'm having the exact same problem. Your screen-shot above is exactly what mine looks like. It's driving me nuts. I'm sorry I don't have any solutions for you, but I'm in need of solutions myself. No amount of restarting or re-installing seems to solve the problem. And it was perfectly fine until I updated my software recently. I would be greatly interested if you hear of any solutions...

Jan 17, 2012 9:32 AM in response to Nanner53

I had the same problem and this resolved it for me. Apparently the black on white mode is called a "high contrast" mode or something like that. I'm not sure how it can accidentally be enabled but apparently it's not unheard of. All I did to fix it was type...

defaults write com.apple.iTunes high-contrast-mode-enable -bool FALSE

...into the terminal, close and restart iTunes...problem resolved!

Hope this fixes the problem!

Why is my iTunes screen white on black?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.