Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone - ipad app sync

I have synced my iphone apps to the ipad2 but most of them get pixelated on the the ipad. is there a way in which i won't have to re-download the apps again for the ipad?

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Jun 26, 2011 12:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2011 12:37 AM

If the apps are designed for just the iPhone/iPod Touch only and aren't 'universal' apps (indicated by a '+' against their description in the App Store), then they are only designed for the iPhone's sized screen - so you can either run them in that sized portion of the iPad's screen, or press the '2x' button on the screen (which I assume that you've done) which basically just doubles each pixel in both directions so will appear pixelated (as you've noticed). So no there is nothing you can do, that is how those apps work/appear on the iPad. Universal apps, with the '+' against their descriptions, have processing within to detect what device they are on and so should tailor their display accordingly to the device's screen size.

If the app has an iPad specific version in the store then you can buy that (you can't download it for free) and that should make better use of the iPad's screen.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2011 12:37 AM in response to shalz

If the apps are designed for just the iPhone/iPod Touch only and aren't 'universal' apps (indicated by a '+' against their description in the App Store), then they are only designed for the iPhone's sized screen - so you can either run them in that sized portion of the iPad's screen, or press the '2x' button on the screen (which I assume that you've done) which basically just doubles each pixel in both directions so will appear pixelated (as you've noticed). So no there is nothing you can do, that is how those apps work/appear on the iPad. Universal apps, with the '+' against their descriptions, have processing within to detect what device they are on and so should tailor their display accordingly to the device's screen size.

If the app has an iPad specific version in the store then you can buy that (you can't download it for free) and that should make better use of the iPad's screen.

iphone - ipad app sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.