Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rolling Shutter And Stablization In FCPX/iMovie/Plug-Ins - Anybody A/B Them?

With all the things about FCPX I have not come across anything about the rolling shutter/stabilzation results yet. May have missed them.

I tried the functions in iMovie in the past. If the new FCPX does a good job with it I would actually consider FCPX to play with and use for some things. But if it is the same as iMovie, not sure then.

Posted on Jun 26, 2011 5:03 AM

5 replies

Jun 26, 2011 8:28 AM in response to FranklyFilm

Thanks.

Yeah I use FCP7 but tried the recent iMovie a couple of times just to see how the image stablization and rolling shutter filters worked. Always looking for decent plug-ins for those issues when they arise and figured in FCPX handled rolling shutter well I could spring for a copy and think of it as just another plug-in I would use from time to time to play with. I am curious about FCPX and think it can be something that is "fun" but not sure if I would spend $300 right now on it. Got Motion 5 for giggles since it was not too pricey. It is okay, but even there right now I am not sure it was worth the money. Guess it will be, but things like not having two documents open is something I find a bit of a pain (well more than a bit 😉 )

Rolling Shutter And Stablization In FCPX/iMovie/Plug-Ins - Anybody A/B Them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.