Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Javascript page runs battery down ?

Hi there,

I have a macbook pro with 8gb ram, quad processor and 500 gb hdd.

The battery life has been really good (and continues to be) even when I am using my mobile broadband 3G device. I have used it for a mi of music and word processing / internet surfing and had 9 hours (with intermittent use). I love it, its great.

But tonight I am sitting in front of the television about to watch the formula 1 race and I have gone to formula1.com and I use their live timing web page. It is written in javascript (I know this because it comes up with the little coffee cup and the spinning ligths around it).

As soon as I open the live timing window the battery life indicator in my status bar shows the remaining battery life go from 5 or 6 hours down to 1h45m. I mean it happens immediately. If I close the window, the battery life indicator goes back up.

I guess I am wondering how to check if this is really the case, and if it is, can I prevent it ? I am assuming it is using all processors and is wi-fi intensive, and just chews up the power, but is there a way to stop this via the system preferences or anything ?

Thanks in advance fro your assistance.. 🙂

Craig

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7), 8GB RAM, 2.2GHz I7, 1GB Radeon

Posted on Jun 26, 2011 5:01 AM

There are no replies.

Javascript page runs battery down ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.