Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is there a date/time stamp on photos ?

Is there a date and time stamp on photos and videos ? If so how do i find it ?

iPhone 4

Posted on Jun 26, 2011 6:31 AM

10 replies

Feb 13, 2017 12:29 AM in response to Allan Sampson

This is incredibly archaic!

My old Galaxy S5 would name each file with the date on which it was recorded. Why can't I have this option from my iPhone 6S Plus>

Now the process is pull photos form iPhone with the "special" app Photos onto my minimal spaced Macbook Pro SSD drive and then export to an external drive, I can't just move or just copy and paste my photos onto an external.

None of this seems to make sense.

Jun 26, 2011 6:40 AM in response to stevo1971

Yes. This info is included with the EXIF data for a photo or video captured with the iPhone along with location info if Location Services is on and Camera is turned on for location services.

Since photos/videos captured by the iPhone can and should be imported by your computer as with any other digital camera, you can view this info with the photo/video viewing software used on your computer. There may be a 3rd party app or apps that provide for this direct on the iPhone as well.

Aug 23, 2013 11:36 AM in response to stevo1971

Here's a response if anyone is still following this thread and looking for an answer. 😀

If you want to view/display the file timestamp of the photo (which should match the time as when the photo was taken unless the photo has been edited), try this app.

"Remote File Browser" by VietMobile. Its main purpose to access files on network drives via SMB, play them and copy them locally.

It can browse the "Photo Library" and you can scroll though the list of thumbnails and timestamps.

Other apps that show EXIF information usually show the info for one photo at a time.

Cheers, 🙂

is there a date/time stamp on photos ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.