Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does M-Audio Uno 1x1 Midisport or 2x2 work on Mac OS X 10.6.7

Hi,

New to posting a question, hope I'm doing it right. <smile>

I want to learn Garage band. I have a Yamaha DGX300 keyboard that doesn't have the USB output for MIDI but does have MIDI 'ports'. So I need a USB MIDI interface to connect it to then would connect the USB connection to my Mac. I've read a lot and googled a lot and visited a few stores. It seems for MacOS X there are two brands suggested, M-Audio and Edirol. I've also read about TASCAM. At any rate, bottom line, does anyone know what is compatible with my MacOS X 10.6.7 (the system requirements on the packaging basically has 'minimum' requirement which is one of the versions short of 10.6.7).

Thank you for your help,

Patti

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 26, 2011 7:28 AM

4 replies

Jun 26, 2011 8:37 AM in response to Christoph Drösser

Great! Thanks for such a quick reply Christoph. 🙂

I saw that page on the m-audio.com for updating drivers. A question about that - It asks to update for either 32-bit or 64-bit? I remember once awhile back when I was using musicnotesSuite.dmg I had to change my computer to accept/work with 32-bit. But now I can't remember where I did that at. Which is best, and do you know where I can change that part on my Mac? (or whether 32 or 64 bit is best for the m-audio).

Thanks again.

Patti

Jun 26, 2011 8:54 AM in response to Patti Unleashed

I am laughing at myself. I found this:

http://www.askdavetaylor.com/snow_leopard_running_32_bit_64_bit_32bit_64bit.html

Great screen shots. I went there and see that where my Mac says 64-bit Kernel and Extensions, it says "no".

SHould I do that reboot holding the 64 down changing it back to 64 bit?

The ONLY reason I'm asking about the "bits" is so that if I need to download the newest driver on M-Audio I will know whether to choose 64 or 32 bit.

Thanks again,

Patti

Does M-Audio Uno 1x1 Midisport or 2x2 work on Mac OS X 10.6.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.