Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can see thumbnails, but when I click on image it says file size is 0x0, and I can't open the photo. Help?

I have pictures dating back to 2002 in my iPhoto 4 library. Recently i was uploading some of these photos to shutterfly.com to get some cheap prints. Soon after I noticed I couldn't open my older pictures. I can see them in thumb nails, but when I go to click on one,there's no picture there. The photo's title doesn't appear, and it reads that the file size is 0x0.

Can someone give me some advice on how to get access to these older pic without risking losing them?

Thank you,

iPhoto 4-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.3.x), Mac G4

Posted on Jun 26, 2011 8:12 AM

3 replies

Jun 26, 2011 10:04 AM in response to Yer_Man

By restoring the library from my backup does that mean holding down the "option" button while clicking on the iPhoto icon, and the clicking on "create Library" tab? I'm not the most technically savy guy, but if you had the instruction on how to restore the library I'm sure I could follow them.

I noticed that I can access all the old photos when I go into the "Finder" and click on "Pictures". I'm able to look at them one at a time open them with "Preview", which makes me think I haven't permanently lost the pics.

Also, I did shut down my mac and open it up in "Safe Mode" as Old Toad recommended.

Any other advice is appreciated.

Can see thumbnails, but when I click on image it says file size is 0x0, and I can't open the photo. Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.