Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro vibrating chassis speakers with jazz piano acoustic...

I found this post and this is exactly what i experience on my mbp 13" 2011.

I just got a brand new Macbook Pro 17″ three days ago. I am happy about everything except the speakers.

The sound is distorted and on certain frequencies the chassis vibrates. This makes listening to some kinds of music (just to name one: solo piano, either jazz or classical, which tends to have wide dynamics and resonance) almost unbearable.

Of course I never expected the audio of a laptop to be five-star HiFi; but having owned a MBP 17″ of the previous ‘silver key’ series, I know that things weren’t this bad.

On my older machine I could listen to anything, even at top volume, with a clean, round, reasonably good sound. The new one in comparison sounds tinny and fuzzy like a giant FM radio.

I either bought a lemon or there has been a noticeable fall in quality, at least regarding this aspect.

I took it to the retail store yesterday and at first the guy flat out denied hearing any distortion, then the manager acknowledged and said that's normal 😟 The floor model DID not have the vibration to the same songs...

what to do, return and try again errr what?

Posted on Jun 26, 2011 12:17 PM

3 replies

Macbook pro vibrating chassis speakers with jazz piano acoustic...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.