Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Even Larry Jordan is strapping on a parachute . . .

http://www.larryjordan.biz/app_bin/wordpress/archives/1514

without, of course, mentioning how complicit he was in the pre-release hype.

MtD

Posted on Jun 26, 2011 3:08 PM

9 replies

Jun 26, 2011 3:41 PM in response to Meg The Dog

Meg The Dog wrote:

http://www.larryjordan.biz/app_bin/wordpress/archives/1514

without, of course, mentioning how complicit he was in the pre-release hype.

MtD

Don't worry ... we'll have a different version soon. As Randy said: "This is not the end of the road ... it's just the beginning."

Oh, and why was that video where Larry said that FCP X is "not ready for professional use" released so late? Eggs anyone?

mish

Jun 26, 2011 3:57 PM in response to mishmumken

Well, the problem is they can release 50 new versions, but the damage has been done, and I don't see how they can repair it now.

This is because the FCP-X roll out shows, they were either:

A) Stupid, and did not know what FCP7 did and how people used it, and how dependent many businesses were/are on having FCP7 alive and well.

B) Arrogant and stupid, as if they had taken an hour and called 20 working editors and asked, some questions - they would have found, for example, that opening a legacy project is very important - among other things.

or

C) They just don't care, and FCP-X is intended for a non-professional market which they do know very well. The release date was picked by Apple and no one else, the defense that the application is not finished is bizarre at best - if it wasn't ready, why release it? Or why not release it with warnings that you are not getting the finished product?

Pick A, B, or C - and that delicious smell is goose cooking, and no way to turn down the heat now. No matter what they say or do, those statements and actions are going to be suspect.

MtD

Jun 26, 2011 4:03 PM in response to davidmintzer

I spoke to Larry 3 weeks ago and he totally denied having any knowledge about the specific details of FCP X. I feel a bit duped since he's releasing a FCP X training video and obviously is in with Apple on this one. I don't so much mind however he could have played a better hand and just said he wasn't at liberty to speak about the new release and I would have understood.

Jun 26, 2011 6:08 PM in response to Meg The Dog

Awesome, I totally agree wtih him, and he said what needs to be said.

I like what he said that Apple needs to do:

1. Immediately return Final Cut Studio (3) to the market. If it is not compatible with Lion (and I don’t know whether it is or not) label it so. But put it back on store shelves so consumers have the ability to work with the existing version until FCP X is ready for prime time.

2. Fund the development of a conversion utility – either at Apple or thru a 3rd-party – and announce the development with a tentative release date.

3. Publicly announce a road-map for FCP X that just covers the next 3-4 months. Apple needs to be in damage control mode and the best way to defuse the situation is to communicate. Answering the question: “What features will Apple add to FCP X, and when?” will go a long way to calming people down.

Way to go Larry, this is what we need, and right now, but honestly I am not sure that X can really be brought into line with what profesionals need, I think that they need to make X iMovie Pro and get their ***** on making Final Cut Pro Studio 4 which is 64 Bit, and incorporates some of the better features in X, but along with everything from FCP 7.

Even Larry Jordan is strapping on a parachute . . .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.