Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are there any levels or curves in FCPX?

It looks like it would at the very least support creating a Levels effect in motion and bringing that across, but what happens is the GUI loses the histogram and the effect itself doesn't work (it just causes a blank out on the media). So is there any other way of doing this?

This seems like a bit of a draconian omission since removing the Color app which had both these and much more, right now color correction and control in FCPX seems nearly non-existant.

As much as I like many other changes to the timeline and rendering process in FCPX the gaps are large and juddering.

Mac Pro Octacore, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Apogee Ensemble, Focal CMS50's

Posted on Jun 26, 2011 3:06 PM

2 replies

Jun 26, 2011 4:04 PM in response to Per-Anders

I think the new color corrector is far superior to ANYTHING we had in previous versions of FCP. Minus color if course. But you were on the right path before using motion. Just make sure you publish all settings. You will not see the actual histogram but all the settings are there. In MOtion apply your levels filter, and publish. next to the histogram there is an arrow on the left, turn that down to reveal rgb sliders, and seperate color channel sliders, publish all those as well. Save, return to FCP and it should be there for you. Hope that helps.

Jul 29, 2011 4:18 AM in response to steve z

Hi Steve, like your hint for motion. I have both FCPX and MOTION 5, and have started to like the effects builder in Motion that appears in FCPX. But are you saying there is a method to send a FCPX project into motion for "Serious" color editing and then back to FCPX again, with the filters and adjustment options?

If so, thats a rather akward but cool solution.

Would love to see how you did that.

Cause I agree, that FCPX and color editing may be full of power, but lacking options... I mean basic basic 1-2-3 everyday video editing options like Curves, Levels, etc...

Atb Sofus

Are there any levels or curves in FCPX?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.