Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.3.1.55 does not recognize ipod touch, XP recognizes it as a camera

itunes 10.3.1.55

XP SP3

ipod touch model MC008LL, firmware 4.3.3(8J2)

Not sure when this started, because I don't connect the IpodTouch every day, but as of now, itunes does not recognize my ipod touch. WinXP sees it as a digital camera. I've tried MOST of the solutions I've been able to search out online but none have worked. The only two things I'm aware of that I haven't tried are reinstalling Itunes( 'cause even though Apple recommends it, users never report that this fixes anything) and messing with the "usbappl ID". I'll try those tomorrow I guess. We have 4 apple devices and 3 apple IDs associated with the same computer and it hasn't cause a problem in the past (possibly because we never buy anything from the itunes store?). Our other devices are ipad1, a 3rd gen shuffle and a 2nd gen nano (the little square ones), and finally an applie ipod classic. Not sure which of those may be working or not at this point.

I'm sure I'm not the only one. Anyone else out there working on this problem?

Thanks,

Michelle

iPod touch, Windows XP, itunes 10.3.1.55, xpSP3, fw 4.3.3

Posted on Jun 26, 2011 9:52 PM

1 reply

Jun 26, 2011 10:12 PM in response to michellefrompalo alto

Ok, just solved this using: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1538.

The quintessential fact seems to be that under Device Manager, I found "Apple Ipod" under "Imaging Devices" instead of under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers". Basically they had me update the driver under Imaging Devices which moved the "Apple Ipod" from "Imaging Devices" to "Apple Mobile Device USB Driver" under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".

EGOD that was painfull. The final solution not so bad but the finding of it involved much blood letting. Oh dear, my poor husband. Must go apologize. 🙂

10.3.1.55 does not recognize ipod touch, XP recognizes it as a camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.