Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Plus / DRM

According to Apple FAQ - 80% of music is now in the iTunes plus format and is DRM free. How do I find out before I actually puchase an album whther or not it is an iTunes Plus album that is DRM free? I don't see any information on this point in the Apple general Help.

ITunes-OTHER, Other OS, Both Mac OS X and Windows 7

Posted on Jun 27, 2011 7:29 AM

3 replies

Jul 1, 2011 10:35 AM in response to daniel124

Contrary to your response, the article you reference specifically includes a note related to non-iTunes Plus DRM-free music. So I have the same question as before, how can I tell if a particular selection is DRM-free? Are you saying contrary to the link, that there are no selections that include DRM?

Why is iTunes Plus format available for certain music, but not all?

The reason that certain music and music videos are not offered in our DRM-free, highest quality audio format is because they have not been provided in iTunes Plus format from the music label.

Jul 1, 2011 11:08 AM in response to daniel124

Never mind - While the link supplied, like the help I found previously, indicated that there were some selections that were not DRM free, when checking on upgrading I do see a mesage that all songs on iTunes are now available in iTunes Plus and no tracks are now available as 128 kbps with DRM. Like much on this site, hard to find.

iTunes Plus / DRM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.