Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

will FCS 3 work under lion?

Hi (Bonjour)!

I'm currently in the move for renewing my aging LNE station. I already own an unopened FCS 3 box but looking for a new mac. I 'm pretty cold with the new FCP X .

Anyone knows if Final Cut Studio 3 will works under the upcoming OS X Lion? And with the anticipated new desktop Mac Pro?

Thank you.

Michel Boissonneault

PowerMac G5 dual 2.3, 4.5 Go, Apple Cinema display HD 23, Mac OS X (10.5.8), macuser since 1987

Posted on Jun 27, 2011 8:18 AM

3 replies

Jul 12, 2011 2:47 PM in response to Michel Boissonneault

Hi Michel,

I'm using it with OSX Lion right now on a Developers GoldMaster. The good thing is that Lion is not that much different under the hood to SnowL. It's got some great new features, my fav's being Versions and Resume. But these don't affect the day to day running adversely. Apps will have to be rewritten to utilise some of the features (so FCS3 won't get a look-in then).

So far I've not had issues with any of my main software including the Adobe CS5.5 suite, FCS3, PFMatchit, Parallels, Maya, Nuke, all working as they should - some much better!

Apple have just asked developers to start submitting their Lion apps so it will probably see a release very shortly. Next tuesday if they follow tradition. If you have 3rd party hardware for FCS or Logic you might want to wait until drivers have been released though. My NVidias work fine but if you use ATTO, AJA or Blackmagic cards you are best checking with these developers before upgrading to Lion.

All the best

Pi Digital

will FCS 3 work under lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.