Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Web Inspector shows nothing?

This is weird. Web Inspector is on and open, but nothing comes up when you select a chunk:

User uploaded file

I'm running 10.6.8, Safari 5.0.5

Things that have failed so far:

• I've reset Safari.
  • I've reinstalled Safari.
  • I've done a Disk Utility fix of permissions.
  • I've even reinstalled 10.5.8.

Aaaannd - nuthin'.

Weird, huh? Anyone have a clue whats up here?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 27, 2011 10:39 AM

4 replies

Jun 27, 2011 11:12 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Ah, yes - Elements was selected.To make things more interesting, none of the panels work. I've made sure Resources, Scripts and Profiles are set to Always Enabled and there are no readings in any of the panels.

More interesting yet, I've a few accounts on the Mac. None of them (even the seperate Admin account) can use the Inspector.

Carolyn Samit wrote:

Hard to see... do you have Elements selected?

Try this thread. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3144871?tstart=0

That link loops back to this page - was there another page

Jun 28, 2011 6:22 AM in response to James Trascapoulos

Hi there,

just had the same problem...

Here is a solution that worked for me:

1. grab a copy of Safari 5.0.5 for Mac from apple's site (apple.com/safari), but dont try to install - it wont let you as it needs 10.6.7 update... weird - we both have 10.6.8...

2. grab a copy of Pacifist from its site (i'm no ad-money-maker, so you have to google it by youself 🙂)

3. open Safari Safari5.0.5SnowLeopard.dmg

4. run Pacifist

5. from within the Pacifist open Safari5.0.5SnowLeopard.pkg, and in the tree right-click topmost root, select "Install to default location"

6. enter your pass

7. after all run disk repair

8. you're done!

Hoping this may help you 🙂

Best regards

Jun 28, 2011 7:05 AM in response to Gutaker

To quote the inimitable Ned Ryerson: ...Bing!

But we need to add a very minor 9th point:

9. Reboot

...because the changes aren't live until the user restarts the environment, and by extension, webkit.

I think there's another factor involved - by some chance are you an Apple developer too? I completely forgot that I updated my Xcode and the iOS5 beta2 devkit, and in the notes on iOS beta2 there's a bit about the webkit framework logically being updated as well (...I don't think this little hint will violate the dev agreement...).

I'll reinstall Xcode and the devkit again and see if it breaks, but for now...on to work.

And Gutaker…Much thanks!!

Web Inspector shows nothing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.