Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fit to Fill

Hey guys,

I been reading a lot of post about what is/isnt in the release and its a shame, but i have 1 feature im looking for that i cannot find or figure out how to do it.

In FCP7, we had Fit to fill. I cannot seem to figure out where that is in FCPX.

Or if you professionals have a better way i can do this, please let me know.

Example: Take an Audio Track put in in the timeline, then set your in/out points , lets say first verse only,. Then go to your video in your preview window and set your in/out points on the first verse, then in FCP7, i would drag it to "Fit to Fill". It would then match the Lips movement up with the song so the Video was in sync with the audio.

I have used the search feature here and all over the internet and still cannot seem to find a good answer.

Thanks for your help

Posted on Jun 27, 2011 10:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2011 11:23 AM

This may be what you are looking for: http://www.rippletraining.com/categories/final-cut-studio-courses/final-cut-pro- products/final-cut-pro-10-core-training.html

- there is a breif tutorial for performing a 3-point edit in FCP X. I think if you set the in and out on the "storyline" rather than the out on the clip then what you want to take from the viewer to the timeline will fit the space you want to fill ... I haven't had a chance to try it though. FCP X is on my machine at home ... still using FCP 7 at work.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2011 11:23 AM in response to davidpetree

This may be what you are looking for: http://www.rippletraining.com/categories/final-cut-studio-courses/final-cut-pro- products/final-cut-pro-10-core-training.html

- there is a breif tutorial for performing a 3-point edit in FCP X. I think if you set the in and out on the "storyline" rather than the out on the clip then what you want to take from the viewer to the timeline will fit the space you want to fill ... I haven't had a chance to try it though. FCP X is on my machine at home ... still using FCP 7 at work.

Jun 27, 2011 12:17 PM in response to davidpetree

Well, it kinda works but it doesn't.

It does put it in the frame, but it does not work like Fit to Fill as it does not automatically do Timestreatching...

So, if i am doing a video remix, and the audio is faster then the original, i need the in/out points on the video to match the in/out points on the audio. In FCP7, it would do the timestretching for you.

The method they had in the video of the 3 point edit is great if it would just do time stretching automatically.....i will keep playing around to see if i can get it to work

Fit to Fill

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.