Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot resize partitions

Hi.

I have an external usb hard drive. And it has been partitioned previously into 2 partitions. Approx. 500 GB each.

I open DU, choose my HD and go to Partition tab. Then it says:"To resize the volumes on the selected disk, drag the dividers between them and click Apply".

For some reason there is no divider between my partitions.User uploaded file

I have no way to copy all my info somewhere else. When I click and drag that little corners it doesn't work out.

All I want to do is to increase the size of the TM backups up to 800GB and decrease the size of the Server down to 200GB.

Any suggestions ?

Mac Mini, Mac OS X (10.6.6), PowerBook G4

Posted on Jun 27, 2011 2:02 PM

4 replies

Jun 27, 2011 2:12 PM in response to Dima Golubovych

I think you misunderstood the instructions. Grab the sizing gadget in the lower right corner of the Server volume and slide upwards until you have reduced its size by the amount you want to add to the TM volume. Click on the Apply button and wait until the process finishes. Then select the TM volume by clicking anywhere inside its rectangle and click on the Delete [-] button to remove it. Then click on the Add[+] button to add a new partition in the free space. Click on the Apply button and wait until the process finishes. You should now have a resized volume for your TM backup. Be aware that this process will remove your existing backup, so you will need to reconfigure TM and start a whole new backup.

Cannot resize partitions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.