A quick summary:
This threat is about: "How to change iCloud email address?"
- I understand that creating a new Apple-ID is NOT an answer to the question of this threat.
- This threat is NOT about "Where do I find my iColud @me.com email address on my iPhone.
- To this date, there is NO solution found. In other words: When using the same Apple-ID, NO ONE has been able to change his/her iCloud email address so far...
The solution 'set-up an email alias' and just use that is a brower/device solution, But... syncing with windows outlook (set-up sooo easy) i can now only send via primary email address/alias. Very frustrating.
Can't believe there is not a simple solution/edit for this!! I was checking availability for my kids and am now stuck with my duaghters name as a primary email!!
It seems to me there are two issues here. There are those who want to change the name on our iCloud email address (this is my issue). Then there are those who incorrectly input their new Apple id. As I understand from all the responses you can change your iCloud email address but you must change your apple id. You can change your apple id by going to the website. I for one don't understand why our id must be an email address. I understand the need for it to be linked to a valid address but why must the id name actually be an email address. Not related just a comment.
People!!! I have successfully changed my apple ID and also changed it in Icloud. Below are the steps:
1) On your Iphone, go to settings - store - sign out of your OLD apple ID then sign back in with your NEW one
2)Delete Icloud account, when you click "Delete", you will get the option to keep all the info on your Iphone or erase everything, I recommend you to choose "delete everything on icloud but keep on my iphone"
3)When you sign back in with your icloud, it will automatically ask for your username (your NEW apple ID), and password, go ahead and enter the info. Then you will to "verify" your email address for the icloud to work!!!
If you have questions, please reply!!!! This has worked for me, im sure it will work for many of you who are having this issue with "changing apple ID in iCloud"!!
If I've read all of these replies carefully, I'm still not seeing a solution for me. When I have tried these steps and end up at the point of re-entering my correct apple ID and password, I am then taken to a screen that says "Account Not Verified".
This screen still shows my incorrect email address with instructions to check my email for instructions to verify this account. But meanwhile I am not receiving any instructions via email as to how to fix this.
I too set up iCloud with a email@example.com address.
It is different than my appleID@gmail email address.
I attempted deleting the iCloud account on my phone, but as some others mentioned, it seems to merely sever the connection from the device to the account. When I log back in with my apple ID it already has the firstname.lastname@example.org filled in with no option to change it.
To clarify, did you turn off all iCloud functions, save info to iPad , then delete the iCloud account, then create a new iCloud account with your reset/new apple ID & password ? This would seem logical to me. Then there is just an out of use iCloud account w your old email, and you would have a new iCloud account working with your active reset iTunes / appleID. Just want to check i understand this correctly before I delete the iCloud account linked to my old email. Thanks
I decided that in spite of wanting to change my iCloud email@example.com, I could live with it since I can make 3 aliases that all direct email into the same account. It still is not cool that the real name of the iCloud account is some stupid thing I randomly thought of when testing out iCloud and can't be changed without changing my AppleID.
Worked for me! Thanks for the help setting up an alias in iCloud.
Create an email alias
- Go to icloud.com/mail and sign in using your Apple ID (the one you use with iCloud).If you’re already using a different application on icloud.com, click the iCloud button to switch applications.
- Choose Preferences from the Action pop-up menu at the top of the window.
- Click Addresses.
- Click "Add add an alias.”
- Provide the requested information:
- Alias: The text you provide becomes the email address (firstname.lastname@example.org). An alias must contain between 3 and 20 characters.
- Full Name: The name you provide appears in the From field of the recipient’s email.
- Label Color: Messages appear in your Inbox with the colored label that you specify.
- Description: iCloud Mail uses the description to color code messages sent to your account.
- Click OK, and then click Done.
when i click the red delete account button on the icloud, i get a notice that if i delete the account, all documents stored in icloud will be deleted from my iphone. there was no option to save all the data in my iphone or erase it all.i want to change my icloud id but i dont wanna lose all my contacts and stuffs ?
Chris_in_cloud is correct. This thread is about not changing (or creating a new) apple id, because there are people like me that doesnt want to change the apple id, but only link other icloud email to the primary (and correct) apple id... that's the problem, and the solution should be really easy, with an appropriated edit button, but...