Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GB crash- lost hours of work

Hi, I know that there are several similar threads but none help me out in my situation..I have seen threads where people have lost their project because GB froze or crashed. Then they just had to find the files in the 'media' folder and re-import them.

Well, that is all very well if you re-import the entire project.

My problem, however, is that I did not lose my project, but I lost 2 new tracks that were chopped/ split into lots of bits.

I have, of course, located the files, but re-importing them makes no sense as I would have to find the right spot in the song for each one of these little bits, which would take me 10 times longer than the 4 hour recording session working on these recordings.

I always thought that GB and all other MAC applications auto save everything without prompting. Looks like I was wrong.

Funnily enough, not even Time Machine which saves every half an hour actually saved any of my GB work from tonight. When I went to the last two saved Time Machine GB versions, NONE of the work I had been recording was there either.

In a nutshell: I have ALL The files of my recording but cannot simply import them as I would have to slot them in exactly where they were supposed

to be- a timing nightmare, that simply cannot be done.

Any suggestions please? I really do not want to have to do everything again...:-(

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Jun 27, 2011 5:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2011 5:25 PM

michaelv03 wrote:

I always thought that GB and all other MAC applications auto save everything without prompting.

offhand i can't think of any current mac software that auto saves (of those with which i use). this will be a feature in the coming 10.7 version of OS X.

michaelv03 wrote:

not even Time Machine which saves every half an hour

it's actually every hour, which may have sadly been the cutoff point for your work

michaelv03 wrote:

Any suggestions please? I really do not want to have to do everything again...:-(

these are the hardest answers to give... if the edits were not saved, there is no way to recover them, it really does mean redoing them B-(>

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2011 5:25 PM in response to michaelv03

michaelv03 wrote:

I always thought that GB and all other MAC applications auto save everything without prompting.

offhand i can't think of any current mac software that auto saves (of those with which i use). this will be a feature in the coming 10.7 version of OS X.

michaelv03 wrote:

not even Time Machine which saves every half an hour

it's actually every hour, which may have sadly been the cutoff point for your work

michaelv03 wrote:

these are the hardest answers to give... if the edits were not saved, there is no way to recover them, it really does mean redoing them B-(>

GB crash- lost hours of work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.