Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad has "zoomed in" whilst using "Pages"-now frozen in zoom

I was typing away...then suddenly the screen zoomed in and I could no longer see what I had been doing.

I've tried navigating my way out of it using finger gestures...it doesn't work. Seems to be stuck in zoom.

I've done a hard reset... no change. I've reset the iPad to factory settings and reloaded everything. That made no difference either...

It is very difficult to navigate through the screens and get into settings because they don't appear on the screen. They can't be scrolled-to either as the screen view just springs back to zoom in the centre at the top of the screen. I had to move the app icons in settings in iTunes, so I could open Pages again or to get into my Settings preferences. If I turn it upside down, I can get to the icons on the bottom of the screen - but that's the only way I've been able to.

It seems as though the background is drifting around independantly of the icons in the foreground. I noticed this when I was trying to scroll and zoom-in / zoom-out.

Has anyone else had this problem?...or know what to do to solve the issue?? The ipad is totally usless as it is - except as a paperweight maybe...

The operating system is 4.3.3 (8J3)

...actually, I've just discovered that I can slowly scroll the screen by touching an edge - still...it's useless

iPad

Posted on Jun 27, 2011 7:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2011 7:21 PM

Double tap your screen with 3 fingers and you will return to normal size........

3 replies

My iPad has "zoomed in" whilst using "Pages"-now frozen in zoom

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.