Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2011 Macbook Pro 15" Heating Issues

My Macbook Pro is an upgraded higher end model of the 15" inch line. I've had some issues with heating when running games on my computer. I know excessive heat is definitely not good for it. It's seems fine when I make sure it's on a nice flat surface, I just don't always have one available. I was thinking of something like a Logitech Portable Lapdesk since the Macbook Pro's venting isn't on the underside of the laptop. Should this fix the problem, or do I need to look for a chunky, energy-consuming cooling pad?

Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 27, 2011 11:10 PM

4 replies

Jun 28, 2011 2:13 AM in response to Rach4music

I do find Macbook Pro tend to be hot when you run GPU demanding software. It is hotter than many other laptops. I guess part of the reason is the aluminum body, which conduct heat well. Usually, it is within the proper working temperature even if you feel it is hot.

Lifting the back of the laptop will help a lot as it facilitate the ventilation. Also, using a fan would work well. It seems to be a little silly but I like to use a fan blowing me in summer and it cool the computer at the same time.

2011 Macbook Pro 15" Heating Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.