Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is the outlook pst file on OSX?

Outlook crashes after update.

Mail Account gone. Where is the default location of the outllok pst file?

Thanks

+Chris+

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), MS Outlook 2011 for MAC

Posted on Jun 28, 2011 6:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2011 8:28 AM

Outlook does not use a PST. All mail is stored in ~/Documents/Microsoft User Data

Please post further questino regarding Outlook on Microsoft's own forums for their Mac software as Apple Communities only provide support for Apple products:

http://www.officeformac.com/productforums

5 replies

Aug 4, 2011 4:27 PM in response to +chris+

I just called Microsoft as I wanted to back up my "pst" file on my MBA. Turns out that there is no pst file in outlook for mac 2011. Instead it relies on a database that is located as below:

Documents

- Microsoft User Data

- Office 2011 Identies

- Main Identity

The "main identity" folder holds all the data from email, calander, etc.

Its usually a good idea to back up this folder from time to time in the event outlook crashes or gets corrupted you always have a backup folder.

I just downloaded about 8 gigs of emails from my gmail account. In the older versions of outlook the pst file used to get unstable at about 1.5 gigs. Not sure when it gets unstable in the latest version, but I've been bitten twice with lost data so I'm not risking it again and backing up.

Good luck with your data.

Where is the outlook pst file on OSX?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.