Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get my updated Apple ID verified?

This weekend I was on my desktop computer and I changed my Apple ID from my old email (which is still in use) to my Gmail account that I use more frequently, and I also changed the password as well. It sent me the verification email and when I clicked on the link, it said my email had already been verified. Ok then...

Today I'm trying to download some app updates and it's not accepting my password because my old Apple ID is still in there. I go to Settings/Store and signed out. Then I signed in with my new Apple ID and password and it tells me "You have not verified your Apple ID. Tap OK to review the instructions on how to verify your Apple ID."

So I tap OK.

Then it says "Verify Your Account. Email Verification. An email has been sent to the address below with a link to verify your Apple ID, etc." It shows my new Apple ID below and the "Resend Verification Email" box is grayed out so I can't select it. Below that it says "Your Email has already been validated successfully. Thank you." so my only option is to tap Done.

I do that and it takes me back to the App store update app but when I try to update it still shows my OLD Apple ID!

I am stuck in a loop and I don't know how to get out! Please help! 😢

iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Jun 28, 2011 7:00 AM

4 replies

Jun 28, 2011 8:30 PM in response to aprilfromcharleston

I was finally able to fix mine so hopefully this will work for you as well.

I found this link on a similar thread: appleid.apple.com

Go here and sign in. I think my problem was I made my gmail my primary email address when it was already my alternate (didn't know that until I got to this site) so I deleted the alternate. Then I asked to resend the verification email for my primary account. It sent it, I clicked on it and it worked.

Good luck!

How can I get my updated Apple ID verified?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.