Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 4 Flash will not turn off, I have already done a backup, restore and reset, as well as closed all apps, what do I do?

The flash on my Iphone 4 came on this morning, and now it won't turn off- AT&T had me shout off & restart the phone, light was on even when the phone was off. I backed aup everything on iTunes and did a factory reset to the phone, and the light is still on- is there another way I can try to fix this?

iPhone 4

Posted on Jun 28, 2011 8:53 AM

14 replies

Jan 28, 2017 8:31 PM in response to sarabellekitty

My mom's iphone 4 is having the same problem. She had it in her back pocket at work and somehow it did not work the whole day till we took it into AT&T and the person got it to turn back on with the flash. I have tried to tell her that I could reset the phone but I would have to save the pictures from her phone onto my computer or any other device. It could be anything when it comes to apple products especially since it is an Iphone 4.

Nov 3, 2011 7:50 PM in response to AnaMusic

Mine is doing the same, flash comes on when I am not taking photos, won`t turn off. One visit to the store, one phone call to support. Turned off, reset, and restored . All were useless, flash still on. Second visit to store scheduled for tomorrow. To anyone else having this problem. You need to document every step, get names and case numbers for every encounter. Because I am having trouble getting them to fix or replace the phone!

Mar 8, 2016 1:23 PM in response to KWAK1526

I also tried flight mode back and forth, restart, taking pictures with flash on, off, automatic, restarted with the reset (double button), erased the profil and replaced it with a previous version.... and the darn phone just kept "shining" as well as getting hotter and hotter.
But! After reading your post - and providing a firm knock with the knuckle on the back of the phone - it worked like a charm - KWAK1526 you just made my life so much better, I am truly grateful!

My iPhone 4 Flash will not turn off, I have already done a backup, restore and reset, as well as closed all apps, what do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.