Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

International Keyboard Amharic is not there

I am trying to get a keyboard for an ethiopian language called amharic. I have seen this people use it. They told me got it from Cydia. It is called iamharic. Why is apple so racist and do not put this software on itune for IP4 Version 4.1 (8b117). Why a technical advancement is only classified to white countries or white people. why

iPhone 4, iOS 4.1, (8B117) MFW02.10.04

Posted on Jun 28, 2011 9:10 AM

4 replies

Jun 28, 2011 9:34 AM in response to daniel6161

racism is

"The Oxford English Dictionary defines racism as the "belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races" and the expression of such prejudice"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

not whatever inconvinious you personaly

they could have made the iphone english only and only english keyboard and it would

not be any more racist then Ethiopia not having street signs in every language on earth......

Jun 28, 2011 10:40 AM in response to daniel6161

daniel6161 wrote:

Why a technical advancement is only classified to white countries or white people. why

Looking briefly at the list of countries within which iTunes operates, and therefore has the support of Apple, I note that the white countries and white people seem to include India, Kenya, Madagascar, Uganda.... and make sure you stay clear of China - heck of a lot of people there you might consider as "non-white"

Racism cuts both ways.....

Jun 28, 2011 2:58 PM in response to daniel6161

daniel6161 wrote:

I am trying to get a keyboard for an ethiopian language called amharic.

There are a couple apps which let you make custom keyboards which you might want to check out: Unicode Map and UniKey.

To ask Apple to add Amharic to the list of 3 dozen or so keyboards alreadly provided, go here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

International Keyboard Amharic is not there

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.