Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I transfer JUST ONE IWeb site to another computer?

I am new to making IWeb sites and am now making them for

other people. I have about 10 sites in my IWeb folder and need to

be able to give a person's site to them.

I need to be able to transfer JUST ONE site to another computer.

Right now, I am only able to transfer ALL the sites I have made to

another mac and then, it wipes out all their sites! How can I prevent

the ultimate wipe out of all their iweb sites yet give them JUST ONE

of mine?

thank you in advance,

Beth http://www.yourzensite.com

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jun 28, 2011 9:29 AM

13 replies

Jun 28, 2011 9:42 AM in response to 4trinity

iWeb stores the website data in a Domain.sites2 file whose default location is Home Folder/Library/Application Support/iWeb.

Duplicate this file and launch this duplicate in iWeb by double clicking it.

Delete the other sites, and save.

Transfer this copy to the other Mac and put it in Home Folder/Library/Application Support/iWeb.

Rename it back to Domain.sites2

Jul 14, 2011 8:47 AM in response to 4trinity

First, read Wyodor's post about changing the publishing settings HERE.

You can create the extra folders in Home Folder/Library/Application Support/iWeb or, as I do, in a folder named iWeb in the Home folder.

Create a folder for each website, give it a suitable name and paste the Domain.sites2 file with all the websites into each.

Open each one in turn, double click the Domain.sites2 file to launch it in iWeb, delete all the sites except the one whose name is the same as the folder name, save and quit.

Now you can launch any site individually in iWeb and sent a copy of the appropriate folder to the client.

Aug 21, 2011 3:04 PM in response to Roddy

I just tried this method, but while it works on the original computer, once I transfer the file to my new computer, the site is not showing up once I open the file. Any idea why that might be happening? A new site just opens up in iWeb, and there is no trace of the website I tried to transfer. If I had known it would be this difficult to transfer a site, I never would have used iWeb.

How can I transfer JUST ONE IWeb site to another computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.