Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand for iPad arpeggiator and external MIDI keyboard

I was elated to find an arpeggiator on the iPad version of GarageBand. In fact, it's an enormous part of why I decided to buy an iPad at all. By and large, GB for iPad continues to astound me and (finally) made me a believer in the IOS platform. That said, the GB arpeggiator's refusal to recognize an external MIDI keyboard strikes me as particularly frustrating and limiting. Here is a feature I've been wanting on the Mac version of GB for ages, and it's here (on iPad), the interface is brilliant, but a limitation like this makes it still seem like an 'almost.'

Something I'm missing? Plans for a patch? Workaround?

Posted on Jun 28, 2011 12:55 PM

3 replies

Jul 12, 2011 7:04 AM in response to gb 1111

I just discovered the arpeggiator feature today, and indeed, as gb 1111 mentioned, it doesn't work via MIDI input!!!! An incredible oversight! Perhaps an option to allow this can be added in an update, Apple?

I am forwarding gb 1111's concern to the GarageBand for iPad feedback page: http://www.apple.com/feedback/garageband_ipad.html. Let's all do the same, in the hope of further improvements and refinements to GarageBand for iPad by Apple!

GarageBand for iPad arpeggiator and external MIDI keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.