Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to sync multiple audio tracks to multiple video clips from two cameras in fcpx?

Has anyone find a way to sync multiple audio tracks to multiple clips coming from two cameras in FCPX?

I usually work with 4 audio tracks (three wireless Lavalier and one boom pole) with two cameras covering different angles.

I need to sync all the audio clips recorded on the audio mixer to all the video clips recorded on camera A and then do the same with the footage coming from camera B.

I am currently using PluralEyes with FCP7 and it's very easy to use even if I get only about 60% of good result for three hours of footage.

Has anyone found a way to achieve in FCPX what is possible with PluralEyes in FCP7?

Thanks

Final Cut Pro X-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 28, 2011 5:27 PM

8 replies

Aug 3, 2011 5:06 AM in response to olineuf

This may be helpful. Take the one file and bring up the audio only under the inspector. Under the channel configuration, set the file to mono, then select the other clip and the file you set to mono, then hit option-command-G and this should synchronize the clips.

I ran into this same thing until I made a clip mono that I wanted to synchronize.

I hope that works for you as it did me.

Aug 4, 2011 7:19 AM in response to olineuf

I have multiple video files froman interview I recorded on a T2i Canon Camera (the reason I have several “takes”or files from the interview is because on the Canon T2i you can only record upto 15-20 minutes of video.) The audio was recorded on 2 external audio tracks:1 boom and 1 lavallier, and there were no cuts on that.

I tried selecting all of the videofiles and sync them with one of the audio tracks, but what I get is a mix of 4or 5 tracks of video, one on top of the other and partially synched.

I even tried to do what BillF issuggesting but had no luck, not to mention the multiple times FCPX crashed!

Nov 15, 2011 6:13 PM in response to lecastillo

Any Reply to your ?. Same situation here. One Long Audio Track from Digital recorder, Multiple DSLR (60D) Clips. Additionally take was with 2 different Cameras HV40 and 60D. I could either Select each DSLR Clip and the audio file and do Sync clip 5 times or command select each DSLR Clip and then Command Select Audio (Green wave form) once and sync clip. What have you tried and had the most success with?

User uploaded file

How to sync multiple audio tracks to multiple video clips from two cameras in fcpx?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.