Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari default printer behaviour is wrong

I have my default printer set to a Black & White laser named Printer - and I also have a Color Laser printer namer Color Printer. In the system prefs (OS X 10.6.8) I have the Printer setup as the default - not last used or Color Printer.

Safari 5.0.5 (6533.21.1) ignores this preference setting and defaults to the Color Printer - which happens to be the first on the list alphabetically.

Even if I choose Print - change the printer - send a print job to the Printer (B&W) - the print again - Safari has gone back to the Color Printer. So far every other app I have checked is behaving correctly and using the default printer.

MacBook Pro 2011 17, Mac OS X (10.6.8), iPhone 4 32GB

Posted on Jun 28, 2011 7:39 PM

4 replies

Jun 29, 2011 4:37 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

That is all good information - and all information which I already know and which does not answer my question.

The issue that I am having is that Safari and Safari alone is ignoring the printer setting. Could be something in the Safari plist file or somewhere else in Safari that is not working correctly - or at least I am assuming that it is a problem that Safari is not doing what it is supposed to for some reason - rather than Safari deliberately being programmed to ignore the system pref for printer setting.

Safari default printer behaviour is wrong

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.