Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Bookmarks Location

Greetings All,

this is kind of a Safari/Time Machine question. I have done an erase/install on my MBA. My problem is that so far I haven't been able to retrieve my Safari bookmarks. I can locate the current file that has Safari's bookmarks in it but when I try to find the file in my Time Machine backup it's just a little different. Instead of being a file that contains http icons of the bookmarks it is a file called bookmarks.plist and contains script or code that I can tell represents the bookmarks. I'm assuming that these two files are not compatible so does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can harvest my old bookmarks? Also I don't understand why in just a few days time the type of data changed. Does the other file exist and I just haven't found it yet?

This has been a very interesting project. I have been really fortunate to have had some very talented people help me. I'm almost done.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Regards, Richard

Posted on Jun 28, 2011 8:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2011 9:43 PM

Bookmarks.plist is the file you need.

3 replies

Safari Bookmarks Location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.