Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suspicions Validated about Final Cut

Just read this very interesting article that quotes a former Apple employee. He pretty much confirms what I thought. There are not enough professional editors using FCP # and Apple has gone in another direction. It would have been fairly simple for Apple to have said that it is now concentrating on the consumer end of the business, rather then making promises etc.

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/06/28/former-shake-product-designer-apple-doesnt-c are-about-pro-market/

Posted on Jun 29, 2011 7:16 AM

6 replies

Jun 29, 2011 8:09 AM in response to davidmintzer

I think it's still to early to tell

I understand if it's your bread and butter and income for work, I get that, but FCP X may develop and get much deeper

Apple has already stated - there will be changes upon the first update

I don't think it's time to give up yet. People like me, that do music videos, I can still survive with FCP 7. Apple has already stated FCP 7 will work with the LION OS release (update).

The one thing that you learn in any forum, some of the concerns are actually due to individuals not learning the software and believe certain things just don't work when in fact they can

I am not stating that suddenly all the concerns have solutions at this point, becasue they don't. I understand why the "Professional" editors are angry - they should be

I don't blame people for being upset, not one bit but for those that are thinking about buying it or have it already and it's not killing you or your lifestyle, I would not jump ship quite yet

You know, we shot a music video on a $450 standard definition camera, edited on final cut express and we took home the Grand Prize of $1000. We were up against people shooting on the RED, actual film and all kinds of cameras and formats. Sometimes if you're the little guy you find ways to make it happen

All I'm saying is, in regards to that, all is not lost and wait before throwing in the towel. I understand if you are a production studio, production house and/or broadcast based and FCP X at this point is a no go, I get that but for others I would not give up immediately and think you have to go get something else right now.

Its' that first or second update that will be the deciding point for me. Right now, I have to be patient

Suspicions Validated about Final Cut

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.