Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Import photos" Aperture action in Automator

The problem is that Aperture action in Automator called "Import photos" doesn't save it's choice "Delete the source images after importing them" when I save the workflow.

User uploaded file

If you save and close workflow with checkbox selected, the next time you open the workflow checkbox will be unchecked.

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 29, 2011 9:17 AM

5 replies

Jun 29, 2011 3:39 PM in response to Kafe

I know this is not the question you asked, but I would recommend you DON'T allow Aperture to delete the photos after import - it's a risky practice that places you in a position of no second chances should the import session not be successful. I only ever delete the images once the card is back in the camera and a reformat is applied.

Jun 29, 2011 8:23 PM in response to Kafe

Are you sure the setting isn't saved to the workflow, and then stripped out when you re-open the workflow for editing?

What happens when you assign the workflow to an action, and execute the action? (I'm not an Automatorist, and not sure that's expressed with the right words.)

Btw, I agree with Calx's excellent advice -- doubly so when Automator is involved.

Sep 13, 2011 1:53 PM in response to Kafe

I noticed this on a workflow I created as a folder action. Checking the underlying XML I see:

<key>ActionParameters</key>

<dict>

<key>chosenProject</key>

<string>Auto Imported Images</string>

<key>importDestination</key>

<integer>0</integer>

<key>newProjectName</key>

<string></string>

<key>shouldDelete</key>

<true/>

<key>shouldReference</key>

<false/>

</dict>

so even though Automator shows the delete option as unchecked, it does rather look like the XML underneath is saying it should be checked.

Testing the workflow with an image does delete it after the import, so it does indeed seem like it's just a presentation issue.

"Import photos" Aperture action in Automator

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.