Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I report insulting behavior?

Re: this conversation:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3146374?start=15&tstart=0

I realize I may have inadvertently committed insult myself, first, due to language differences. I can't be sure, because it was not explained to me. But I apologized even without it being explained.

That said, KOENIG Yvan did the following things:

--called me "dumb" repeatedly

--refused to leave me alone when I asked him to

--when told that my feelings were hurt, replied "I write here when I want, the way I want".

I told him that I felt obligated to report this, because I would report it if my daughter had been treated that way. I also said I felt it was right to give him an opportunity to respond before I reported anything.

His response: "I have no word to remove from my posts."

I apologized to the guy first, and told him my feelings were hurt, and that was his reply. No one should expect that kind of treatment here.

I could let this go, but honestly, I think I should report it, for the sake of a civil tone in the forums.

How do I report it?

Posted on Jun 29, 2011 9:27 AM

6 replies

Jun 29, 2011 10:16 AM in response to Kurt Lang

Kurt,

Did I offend you when I implied that being a moderator made a difference? If I did, I'm sorry.

I do think there is a substantial difference between someone who is an onlooker and someone whose responsibility is to enforce civil behavior. What seems minor to one may seem more relevant to the other.

Before the thread was removed, Koenig made some effort to understand why I felt insulted.

He still insisted he was in the right, but at least he tried.

I give him credit for that.

-Jesse

Jun 29, 2011 11:41 AM in response to Jesse Wonder Clark

Did I offend you when I implied that being a moderator made a difference?

No, not at all. Just pointing out that being a moderator has nothing to do with being able to report a post. The moderators then decide what to do. We, the users, can't do anything other than report.

That's the biggest trouble with forums (any forum). What is written can be taken completely the wrong way when you can't see the person's face, or hear the inflection of their voice.

Before the thread was removed, Koenig made some effort to understand why I felt insulted.

It does take a while to get used to Koenig's English. Despite that, I do think he used the term "dumb" in what I also thought was a condescending manner. But again, that's how you and I read it, not necessarily how he meant it. English is clearly not his first language, and he sometimes uses the wrong intonation or words.

Jun 29, 2011 12:09 PM in response to Jesse Wonder Clark

Jesse--

We're all just other Mac users here, mostly. Every once in a while a Host will post in, and they are identified by Apple logos for their avatars.

You were correct in reporting that thread here. It's invisible right now, as the Hosts are working on it. Yvan is a long-time volunteer here, and that's great. But it is awfully easy to come away from some of his posts feeling angry.

It is important to all of us that threads remain supportive and polite, and thanks for your efforts to keep them that way.

EDIT: If you run into other threads you are concerned about, just come here and copy the URL to it.

Soon, you'll be able to report posts directly, but until then, this is the right way to let the Hosts know about problems.

How do I report insulting behavior?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.