Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update 10.6.8 - dual screens - mouse problem

I run a Mac Pro with 2 screens. I can just move my mouse (and windows) from one screen to another.

I just did the update and now I can not move my mouse anymore from screen 1 to the other screen. So I can not get to the 2nd screen anymore with my mouse.

It must be associated with the update, before the update I never had this problem.

Does anyone have the same issue and a clue on what to do?

Thanks a lot,

Ed

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 29, 2011 11:39 AM

4 replies

Jul 11, 2011 6:12 AM in response to edfromheemstede

With Logitech Mouse and Keyboard Y-RAK73 (S 530-Mac) on a Apple MAC PRO (2009) (2 screens)

• With or without LCC 3.3.0, ( reboot after uninstall)
  • Batteries are OK, location of USB Stick OK.

Same eratic when moving windws of Finder, objects etc ... specially in the vertical direction (downward for ex.)

specialy when dragging from one screen to the other, but ALSO just same (primary) screen.

=> The faster the move, the more eratic.

Also passed OSX kernel in 64 bits mode. This may be the trouble ?

Drag-Drop could be VERY DANGEROUS specially when manipulating folders, ...

The (non intended) drop may occure at any time !!!!

This is a serious regression since 10.8.6 / 64 Kernel

William

Jul 11, 2011 7:45 AM in response to edfromheemstede

It sounds silly, but by any chance did the two monitors get 'reversed'? That is, is the menu bar (File, Edit, etc) get moved to the other monitor? Try moving your mouse the opposite direction you normally would (ie, move off the left edge of your left monitor) and see if you can access the other monitor.

If this is the case, you can switch the menu bar back to its usual position in the Displays Preferences. Just click-and-drag the slim white menu bar in the display icons onto the monitor it should be on.

Jul 11, 2011 10:10 AM in response to edfromheemstede

OK, I solved the problem that I started this thread with.

I went into settings, displays and changed a number of settings.

Than I changed the settings back to the ones I had for the screens and voila...the problem was solved.

Apparently the upgrade messed something up with the dual screens and doing this refreshed the settings and things work again.

Thanks for the offered help!

Update 10.6.8 - dual screens - mouse problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.