Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

select videos file are choppy in Viewer

I can't seem to figure this one out!

I recently began using a DSLR for video production work and am recording audio on the H4n Zoom. The video files are H.264 and the audio is .wav. I use plural eyes to sync audio and then export the timeline to get one cohesive video file for editing. I am exporting the sequences with the same settings as the original files, which are as follows -

Frame Size: 1920x1080

Aspect Ratio: HDTV 1080i (16:9)

Pixel Aspect Ration: Square

Field Dominance: None

Frame Rate: 29.97

Compressor: H.264

Audio: 48kHz, 16-bit, Channel Grouped

Everything has been working wonderfully until recently - (this is the case with two different projects on two different computers) exported .mov files that play smoothly in quicktime are playing back very choppy in the Viewer. Thing is - when I play other files that were exported in exactly the same way, they play back fine in the Viewer. Each of my projects on each of these two computers is playing back one file choppy. I am running one project from the internal hard drive and the other from an external drive connected via firewire.

I have no idea why this is happening!

Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Final Cut Pro 7, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 29, 2011 1:06 PM

2 replies

Jun 29, 2011 4:13 PM in response to g_kennedy

Hi there G,

A couple of other things that could affect playback performance you haven't described in your post. What bit rate or quality setting was you encoding at? What was the keyframe rate?

What's the duration and filesize of those that play ok and those that don't? That will further help me diagnose what's going on for you.

Cheers

Pi

select videos file are choppy in Viewer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.