Skip navigation

Can Time Machine backup to an AirDisk in 10.5 Leopard?

384 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 29, 2011 4:16 PM by Pondini RSS
Tim Pentreath Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Jun 29, 2011 3:27 PM

Hi all

I'm getting confused as to whether this is possible or not? I've set up an air disk on my 5th gen Airport Extreme and have given it the Airport Extreme password access.

In Time Machine, having mounted the AirDisk, when I try to choose that drive to be the Time Machine drive it asks me for a username and password. The username is pre filled in my my short name, but what password do I use? The Airport Extreme one? Or my user one? When I try the former I get this "Keychain error -25307 occurred when creating a System Keychain entry for the Username "Tim" and URL "afp://...". When I try my account password it just says it's the wrong username and/or password...

But the annoying thing is that I'm sure I had it working at one point... Could I have done? Does Time Machine in Leopard backup to AirDisks? I've read that it doesn't.

Any help would be gratefully received as I'd really like to get this working!

Thanks

Tim

iBook G4, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.