Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compressor and MC color issues

DOES COMPRESSOR AND HD AVID MC 5 WORK IN THE SAME COLOR SPACE? When I run either a reference movie or a Same As Source QT exported from DNx36 or DNx115 through Compressor I get a massive gamma shift. Whats up with that? Does it have something to do with RGB vs 601? I use Cram with Compressor, and all of the QTs made with the Apple Movie Trailer presets suffer a massive gamma shift, making everything too dark. Sometimes it varies when I open them with Quicktime 7 instead of X, but not always. I'm baffled. How can I make sure to end up with the same color values I have in my reference once I run it through compressor? I understand that anything "compressed" is inherently going to be different, but my blacks all all far too crushed to be explained by mere compression.

Compressor, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 29, 2011 4:00 PM

There are no replies.

Compressor and MC color issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.