Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 8GB iPhone 3gs' lock screen is unresponsive.

My iPhone 3GS' lock screen does not respond to touch. One day, 2 weeks or so after i got my phone, I went to use it to go on facebook. I had synced an album two nights earlier. The slider did not respond to my touch. I tried to turn it off, i held the lock button the power slider came up i tried sliding it, as i thought it didn't respond. I held the lock and home button to reset the device. I then turned it back on still nothing responded. I restored it to default settings and still this problem occured.I then restored it to a previous backup. I reset the device and left it off, i then turn it on a few hours later and the phone functioned as if nothing happened, i then locked it and it began all over again. I reset the settings manually from the phone from a suggestion. This has been going on like this for many months nothing has worked please help.

iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Jun 29, 2011 6:12 PM

1 reply

Jun 29, 2011 7:06 PM in response to MasterCtrlProgram

If your 3GS is still under Warranty Coverage, Apple will fix this under warranty.

You have an interesting story, because sometimes the digitizer responded? Maybe it was luck, and when you swiped finger to Unlock, you hit the few functioning places in the "slide to unlock" box. But the problems you are describing are digitizer problems. If you have found a way to "I reset the settings manually from the phone from a suggestion." to get it to work occasionally, then you may have a problem beyond just the digitizer.

The first step would be Warranty Fix with Apple. If no longer Warranty Coverage, the next step in trouble-shooting would be to replace the Front Glass Screen because it normally has the digitizer built with it.

My 8GB iPhone 3gs' lock screen is unresponsive.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.