Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Image capture won't recognize Canoscan lide 700f

Hello. I have OS X, v. 10.6.7 I have been using Image Capture to run the Canoscan lide 700f scanner. Then, it stopped recognizing the scanner. Image capture is opened and says "no camera or scanner attached." The scanner is operational. The MAC sees the printer in systems preferences > hardware > print and fax. Any ideas on what I can do to get this scanner recognized by Image Capture again? Thanks for your help.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 30, 2011 4:45 AM

1 reply

Mar 22, 2012 8:14 PM in response to Anthony Russo

I had the problem with the same scanner and Lion. When the Mac would go to sleep, Image Capture would not recognize the scanner after it woke up. Had to unplug and replug the USB connector to get it to start correctly. I was blaming it on the scanner driver, but I accidently discovered that if I opened Adobe Photoshop Elements 6, all of a sudden the scanner would respond to an attempt to import from the scanner (to Elements). After that, Image Capture could talk to it just fine. So it appears that it is an Image Capture problem and not an issue with the Cannon driver.

Image capture won't recognize Canoscan lide 700f

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.