Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i remove the memory card?

i am giving my old phone to a friend and do not want him to be able to read all of my personal texts/emails/etc. how do i remove the memory card. he has an older iphone and wants to put his card into the phone im giving him

iPhone 3GS, switching memory cards

Posted on Jun 30, 2011 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2011 6:44 AM

There is NO memory card in the iPhone to remove. It is sealed. Go to Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings. Make sure you have it connected to power as this can take a very long time depending on memory capacity. This will put it back to the way it was when it came out of the box. Then your friend can put their SIM card in and set it up with iTunes.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2011 6:44 AM in response to vivadee

There is NO memory card in the iPhone to remove. It is sealed. Go to Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings. Make sure you have it connected to power as this can take a very long time depending on memory capacity. This will put it back to the way it was when it came out of the box. Then your friend can put their SIM card in and set it up with iTunes.

how do i remove the memory card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.