Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Netinstall ppc tiger image "finishes" in seconds w/ no results

in the past i have used the following method to fix this problem:

1. Make sure you're logged in as an Admin user

2. From the concerning .nbi folder (default in /Library/NetBoot/NetBootSP0/, your path might be different if your images are stored on a non boot volume) mount the Install.dmg file

3. Make sure ownership is not ignored so Get Info on the just mounted image and uncheck

"Ignore ownership on this volume"

4. Open Terminal and type (adjust for your image name):

sudo cp -p /usr/lib/libbz2.1.0.3.dylib /Volumes/YourNetInstallImageName/usr/lib/

5. Next, if you like, remove the obsolete libbz2.1.0.2.dylib

sudo rm /Volumes/YourNetInstallImageName/usr/lib/libbz2.1.0.2.dylib

6. Unmount the NetInstall image

Yours might install fine now but mine still wouldn't… Network Installer this time complained about some checksum problem. You can fix this by using Terminal again, with the image mounted as above type (adjust for image name):

sudo /usr/sbin/asr imagescan --source '/Volumes/YourNetInstallImageName/System/Installation/Packages/System.dmg' --filechecksum

And unmount the image again.

Mine would boot and install fine now, with one minor issue: the progress bar is way off… I haven't looked into this though.

This method doesn't work now for some reason. Does anybody have any insight into why this is?

THANKS!

Posted on Jun 30, 2011 9:14 AM

There are no replies.

Netinstall ppc tiger image "finishes" in seconds w/ no results

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.