Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I add a sequence in one project to a sequence in another project?

I have finished editing a project called "HF Field Day 2011" but want to add another finished sequence from another project called "Quick pitch tent" at the end of the video in the former project. I then want to render the combination out to a final HD video. I don't want to have to re-create the latter video in the former project as it's already fully edited where it is. If that's not possible, does anyone know of an external program that can "stitch" to videos together without losing any resolution or adding any more compression artefacts?

Mackbook Pro (2007), 500GB Modded

Posted on Jun 30, 2011 9:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2011 10:29 AM

One way I found is to go to:

Home, movies, iMovie projects, find the project you want and right click and click "show package contents".

That will show a movie file and some other files. Drag the file to the desktop and rename it .mp4.

then go to iMovie, import, navigate to the mp4 file on your desktop and it will let you import to the events section and then you can add it to your movie.

Takes a lot longer to describe than to do. The quality seems to be preserved though I don't know if titles etc get transferred over, kind of doubt it.

Hugh

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2011 10:29 AM in response to MBP2007

One way I found is to go to:

Home, movies, iMovie projects, find the project you want and right click and click "show package contents".

That will show a movie file and some other files. Drag the file to the desktop and rename it .mp4.

then go to iMovie, import, navigate to the mp4 file on your desktop and it will let you import to the events section and then you can add it to your movie.

Takes a lot longer to describe than to do. The quality seems to be preserved though I don't know if titles etc get transferred over, kind of doubt it.

Hugh

Jun 30, 2011 10:39 AM in response to MBP2007

Thanks bnn! Didn't think of getting as technical as that. I'll give it a go. In the meantime since posting I rendered out the tent video and re-imported it into the HF Field Day project events pane. Not as good as getting at the original mp4 file as you suggest though. Thanks again for your quick answer.

Mike.

How can I add a sequence in one project to a sequence in another project?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.