Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Copy between Events??

Dear Friends,

I cannot find a way to copy a photo from one event to the other.

I would like to have the same photo in Event1 (the origin location of the photo) and Event 2. If I go on that photo and click COPY, then go to Event2 and look for PASTE, that feature is deactivated. On the contrary, if I go to Event1 and I click CUT then go to Event2, the feature PASTE is activated.

This means that the only possible thing is to move photos among events but not copy them.

Any advice please??

Many thanks.

Regards.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 30, 2011 9:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2011 10:06 AM

That is kind of the point of events. They are an automatic way to organise photos. If this is something you do all the time, albums might be a better way to organise things since you have much more control over thier contents.

However, You should be able to duplicate the image in the same event and then cut and paste the duplicate into the other event.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2011 10:06 AM in response to Jet787

That is kind of the point of events. They are an automatic way to organise photos. If this is something you do all the time, albums might be a better way to organise things since you have much more control over thier contents.

However, You should be able to duplicate the image in the same event and then cut and paste the duplicate into the other event.

Jun 30, 2011 10:37 AM in response to Jet787

Is there a reason you need to have the same photo in two events and not use albums to do that? You can do essentially the same without having to create additional image files in iPhoto which just take up more disk space.

You can have a photo in multiple albums, slideshows, books, etc. and only have one actual image file in the library.

Create an album of Event 1 and then drag the photo from Event 2 into that album. You now have what you wanted but have not added any image files to the library and using up additional hard drive space.

OT

Photo Copy between Events??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.