Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro user base - how many?

I heard that there are 2.1 Mil Final Cut Pro users. Does anybody know how many people using Logic Pro?

Logic Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7), DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

Posted on Jun 30, 2011 12:14 PM

7 replies

Jul 1, 2011 7:52 PM in response to Bob Lyons

Bob,

I only mentioned the pirating thing because the last "Logic Studio" I recorded in was using a pirated copy, disheartening to say the least. I was sitting in on the mix and the owner offered me a copy.

That was March of this year.

I too would be interested in how many licensed copies there are, not gonna happen from Apple though.

pancenter-

Jul 1, 2011 8:12 PM in response to Pancenter

Interesting that no numbers floating around at least some estimates. How about all these "know it all" analysts. How about ProTools, Digital Performer, Cubase.

GarageBand would be easier because it comes on all new Macs, but that won' tell how many actually using it. I heard that most of the songwriting in Nashville is done on GarageBand.

I'm just curious, if Apple finds out that there are more iPad GarageBand users than Logic users, maybe they get the wrong ideas followed by devistating decisions for the Logic community.

Edgar Rothermich

free Logic Manuals

DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

Jul 2, 2011 2:59 PM in response to EdgarRothermich

Edgar wrote:

if Apple finds out that there are more iPad GarageBand users than Logic users, maybe they get the wrong ideas followed by devastating decisions for the Logic community.

I suppose that's about the top and bottom of it, as far as Apple go, these days - there are a large section of Apple employees engaged in making business decisions like that rather than developing the capabilities of their software for serious users.

I'm still on 8.0.2 and its enough for my G5 but I still manage to do things that I need to, so, if the worst scenario occurs, I'm planning on having the right backups to be always able to restore the way that I do stuff.

Logic Pro user base - how many?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.