Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does OS l0.5, leopard, support final cut pro 6?

need to upgrade operating system so that iphone can run on itunes 10, which doesn't run on OS 10.4. I understand that there are compatibility problems with final cut pro and snow leopard. Are there also problems with 10.5?

Final Cut Pro 6, Mac OS X (10.5), compatibility

Posted on Jun 30, 2011 3:53 PM

8 replies

Jul 1, 2011 7:10 AM in response to paul164

I ran FCP 6.0.6 on OS 10.5.8 for a long time. Then switched OS to 10.6.5 when I got a new computer and used that for about 6 months with no problem.

Earlier this week upgraded to 10.6.8 and have had no problem with it. (Had thought about getting the new Compressor but decided against it. My Compressor 3.0.5 still won't do the quick cluster even after trying all the suggested remedies. Decided to stay with my old Compressor as the main method will work.)

Always using FCP 6.0.6.

Sharon

Oct 26, 2011 8:34 AM in response to paul164

Since uploading Lion (10.7.2) I've experienced frequent crashed in FCP7, slipping audio and slow performance. Very suspicious that Lion has negatively affected the graphics board settings in my iMac 24 (Build 11C74). Plus, Finder no longer recognizes an external drive. It's on the desktop but not in Finder.

Overall, extremely disappointing.

does OS l0.5, leopard, support final cut pro 6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.