8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 26, 2011 10:44 AM by MMImedia
paul164 Level 1 (0 points)

need to upgrade operating system so that iphone can run on itunes 10, which doesn't run on OS 10.4. I understand that there are compatibility problems with final cut pro and snow leopard. Are there also problems with 10.5?

Final Cut Pro 6, Mac OS X (10.5), compatibility
  • SoCal Level 4 (1,255 points)

No compatibility issues with Leopard or Snow Leopard with FCS2.

• Nick Holmes Level 7 (29,990 points)

Final Cut Studio 2, which includes FCP 6 will run just fine with all patches installed on Mac OS 10.5.2.

You can update Mac OS X 10.5 to 10.5.8 at no extra cost.

• SSteele Level 3 (515 points)

I ran FCP 6.0.6 on OS 10.5.8 for a long time.  Then switched OS to 10.6.5 when I got a new computer and used that for about 6 months with no problem. 

Earlier this week upgraded to 10.6.8 and have had no problem with it. (Had thought about getting the new Compressor but decided against it.  My Compressor 3.0.5 still won't do the quick cluster even after trying all the suggested remedies.  Decided to stay with my old Compressor as the main method will work.)

Always using FCP 6.0.6.

Sharon

• KEYE_Dave Level 1 (0 points)

I'm still running Final Cut Pro 6.0.6 on some OLD computers at work. Does anyone know if this version still work when I get new MacPros and upgrade to Mac OS X Lion?

David

• daguerratype Level 2 (225 points)

Apple has promissed support for Final Cut Pro 7 in Lion, but I wouldn't expect any official support for older versions. That doesn't mean they won't work, just that Apple won't be testing it or releasing any updates for it if it doesn't.

• MMImedia Level 1 (0 points)

Since uploading Lion (10.7.2) I've experienced frequent crashed in FCP7, slipping audio and slow performance. Very suspicious that Lion has negatively affected the graphics board settings in my iMac 24 (Build 11C74). Plus, Finder no longer recognizes an external drive. It's on the desktop but not in Finder.

Overall, extremely disappointing.

• Nick Holmes Level 7 (29,990 points)

MMImedia wrote:

Finder no longer recognizes an external drive. It's on the desktop but not in Finder.

Then you need to look in Finder Preferences and compare...

Screen Shot 2011-10-26 at 6.42.38 PM.png

with....

Screen Shot 2011-10-26 at 6.42.47 PM.png

• MMImedia Level 1 (0 points)

Strange how that changed. You're absolutely right. But, why was it recognizing some external devices (drives) and not the specific one?

Also, my volume (at least in FCP) now defaults to 0 post-Lion upgrade

Thanks for the suggestion