Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes won't play music

itunes won't play music

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jun 30, 2011 3:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2011 3:47 PM

Could you be a little more descriptive?

However you may find

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1451

helpful.

14 replies

Jun 21, 2012 12:22 PM in response to rkaufmann87

I have this same problem - started very recently and that article did not help. When I select a song and click play, the play symbol changes to the pause symbol as if it were playing, but the counter remains at 0:00. I can move the slider, but no sound plays at all.

After ignoring the latest iTunes update for awhile, this issue started. I decided to upgrade iTunes to 10.6.3, hoping that it would now work. It doesn't. I have opened and closed iTunes repeatedly and restarted the computer repeatedly with no luch.

Also, I use Windows 7.

May 13, 2014 8:37 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Same for me, it sits on 0:00. None of my music is purchased from iTunes store.I recently reset password for apple ID, I recently deauthorized a couple of devices, itunes saying update ready but takes me to Mavericks update option, it all started when i started looking at changing my region and was worried about losing the music if I changed region, adress and billing details. I was in New Zealand but now live in Miami. I dont know what ive done really. I just dont want to lose this awesome collection of music

Dec 17, 2014 8:34 AM in response to donfromvancouver

I have the same issue with iTunes or Pandora just stopping. I can understand Pandora since it is not on the phone but why with my own music? This is extremely annoying. It looks like they never downloaded to the phone because I see the circle going round and round like it is downloading but never seems to complete.I am using my work phone to listen to music which is an iPhone 4S and there have been no issues?

itunes won't play music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.