Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

5.1 but no 2.0

My 2009 Intel iMac (24Inch) all the sudden won't play stereo tracks; I get blown out of my seat in 5.1CH mix's but as soon has I try to play any thing that is non-5.1 surround I hear nothing at all not even a buzz or click. What am I missing? I should mention that I can play stereo mix's after I turn on my mac but the moment I play a movie in 5.1, 2ch drops of the earth & every 2ch track/movie/tv show/music video I try to play after that nothing happens.

Posted on Jun 30, 2011 7:08 PM

2 replies

Jul 1, 2011 3:29 AM in response to eMac SuperDrive

Solved it my self. Had to "Zero Out Data" and re-install every thing. No problems now just that my room has poor acoustics; low feq and highs not sounding good. Moved the sub twice from front to back of room and bass just seems to flock to the other side totally missing the listener. Funny you can have a good sounding sound system wrecked by the very room it sits in.

5.1 but no 2.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.